Gurucul surveyed over 650 international IT professionals at the 2019 RSA Conference. There are surprising new finding on how companies are addressing Insider Threats (or not).
Insider threats are the biggest cyber security problem for companies today because they can cause the most damage and are much harder to detect and prevent than outsider threats. Insiders are just that – insiders. They know where the sensitive company/customer data is and who has access to it, so they know exactly where to strike if they decide to take action.
What did we find out at the RSA conference? Key findings include:
- Over 70% of companies are vulnerable to Insider Threats
- User Error is the most detrimental Insider Threat
- Malicious Insiders are the biggest concern for large enterprises
- False Positives is the biggest hurdle in maximizing the value of SIEMs
- 40% of respondents can't detect Insider Threats or detect them after the data has left the organization
- One third of IT professionals are focused on detecting Insider Threats after-the-fact versus predicting them before they occur
- Companies are focused on monitoring user behavior, leaving some devices, privileged accounts and service accounts unmonitored
Download Survey Results